Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Decking the Halls

This year, we bought a new artificial Christmas tree.  The box was so heavy that Matt did not want to carry it down to the basement and then carry it back up a few days later.  So, we decided to do something I've never done before.  We put the tree up before Thanksgiving.  Lexi loved the big box that the tree came in.

 Jayvan watched us decorate the tree from the comfort of his bouncy seat.
 Lexi remembered so many of the ornaments this year.  I love to live through her excitement and joy.  Sadly, she broke one of her favorite ornaments, but we are planning to recreate it one of these days.
Matt and Lexi placed the star on top and our tree was finished.  It is beautiful if I do say so myself.
We also had lights put on the house this year.  We think we need some wreaths as well, but I think it looks great anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is one tall tree! I've been trying to get my Christmas stuff up all weekend, didn't happen. Things are a little slower when you have a baby!!

    ReplyDelete